As you know if you have followed my blogs, msg is on my “bad list”. I consider it a “chemical terrorist”. Unfortunately, my kids absolutely LOVE those 20 cent ramen noodle soup packages. A family member slipped one to one of my kids recently. Instead of going ballistic – my first impulse – I decided to try to work something out that would make all parties happy.
The result – “Mama Ramen”. Guaranteed to taste great with NO msg.
- Open package and discard the little flavor packet. You have to scowl at it and actually throw it in disgust into the garbage can.
- Heat to boiling 2 c. organic chicken broth, 2 tsp. soy sauce, 1 tsp. seasoned rice vinegar, and 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- Add noodles to boiling soup, breaking them apart if desired
- Reduce heat, but maintain low boil for 2 minutes
- Remove from heat and serve